(photo courtesy of Group Recipes.com)
I have been trying to use up what is in my freezer and I came across a package of Kielbasa. Since I wanted to make this in my crock pot, I started googling. This is what I located at Group Recipes:
Slow Cooker Kielbasa Stew
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 3 cups peeled, cubed potato
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 pound cooked kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushedshopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine cabbage, potato, and carrots. Top with kielbasa.
- Sprinkle basil, thyme, and pepper over kielbasa. Pour chicken broth over all.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
Oh, it's a "fall" dinner! Already??! Sigh. Summer went too fast.ReplyDelete
Yummy! This is one of our favorite recipes .... 'cept ours has onions in it.ReplyDelete
Have a great week!
We made chicken & dumplings in the crock pot yesterday! And kielbasa last week with saurkraut and potatoes.ReplyDelete